Suggestion for Bujinkan Teachers
As with being a member of the Shidoshi Kai (USA) following these suggestions is voluntary. These are the principles upon which our mission is founded. If anyone does not abide by the suggestions, they cannot consider themselves a member and will be removed from these listings.
1. Members of the American Shidoshi Kai (USA), must obtain a current Bujinkan Hombu Shidoshi Kai membership from Hatsumi-sensei. (There can be no exceptions to this rule as all Bujinkan shidoshi teachers are required to be Hombu members in order to teach and offer rank to their students.)
2. Compliance with the Rules of the Bujinkan as set forth by Hatsumi Sensei.
3. Teaching in accordance with Tenchijin Ryaku no Maki.
4. While there exists no standardization of Bujinkan rank, our membership uses the contents of the Tenchijin Ryaku no Maki as a foundation in which to award rank.
5. Students should be ranked in proper time. Hatsumi-sensei has stated it should take at least two (2) years to attain shodan level, so that is set as a minimum guideline.
6. In general, following the course and direction in which training is being shown by Hatsumi-sensei in Japan.
7. Support the Bujinkan Dojo through participation in local Bujinkan seminars and through the purchase of Bujinkan related books, videos, etc.
8. In accordance with Hatsumi-sensei's wishes, do not train with individuals who do NOT follow the heart of the Bujinkan.
9. Finally, members of the American Shidoshi Kai set forth they will work together with warrior hearts.